Thursday, March 3, 2016

Lace Puffs Crochet Prayer Shawl





I finished this shawl over a month ago, but it took me a while to add the fringe (that's such a tedious job), to photograph the finished shawl, and to put the pattern together. 

But now it's finished! I love that feeling of accomplishment when I finish a big project!


 I used Caron Simply Soft Party yarn (category 4) and a size G/6 (4.25 mm) hook. The open lace stitch with puffs works very quickly. 

The gauge in this pattern is not important, so other types of yarn would work too. 

The finished size of this shawl is approximately 74 inches wide and 34 inches long (not including the fringe).




I wrote a very detailed pattern and included close-up photos on how to start this shawl. I think even a beginner crocheter would be able to finish this project.

The pattern is available in my Etsy and Craftsy shops.

I'm linking this post to
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog

7 comments:

  1. Witaj Olga :)
    Fantastyczna chusta. Delikatna i bardzo kobieca. Bardzo ładnie się prezentuje.
    Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Adding the fringes isn't my favorite job either :-)
    Your shawl reminds me of springtime, you've done a terrific work!
    Take care,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this Olga... Big open, lacy shawls have always been my favorite!
    You got it right for sure with this Beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shawl!
    I have a newbie question that must be obvious to everyone else: Are available yarn colors seasonal? For instance, if I love pastel colors, should I be shopping and stocking up on them now, in the spring, or are a set stable of colors available year round? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Olga what a gorgeous shawl you made! It is just perfect. I want to thank you for the pattern to make the preemie hats. I made one and posted it up on my blog and mentioned you. I am donating it to our church's crochet sale that will be in the fall. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete